Sunday, December 7, 2008

Introduction

This Blog Will Account The Building Of My Model Railway. I'll Start By Setting Out My Aims/Goals & Constraints.

Aims/Goals:

  • Construct A Railway That Faithfully Portrays The Operations Of The Mudgee Line.
  • Construct Rollingstock To As High A Standard As Possible.
  • Construct The Layout To As High An Electrical, Operational & Scenery Standard As Possible.
  • Operate The Layout As Prototypically As Practical.

Constraints:

  • Budget, I Have A Mortgage And Thus I Can't Spend As Much Money On Models As I Previously Have.
  • Time, I Work In Sydney So I Travel An Hour & A Half To/From Work And Work Long Hours.
  • With The Above Hanging Over My Head I Am Limiting My Model Fleet & Size Of Layout So I Can Finish It In A Timely Manner & Keep To My Aims/Goals.

Below Is A List Of Locations On The Mudgee Line. This List Will Have To Be Culled To 4-5 Mainline Stations & 2-3 Branchline Stations.

  • Irondale - Site of Colliery Can't Remember Name
  • Piper's Flat
  • Ivanhoe Colliery
  • Portland
  • Commonwealth Portland Cement Works
  • Renown Colliery
  • Cullen Bullen
  • Invincible Colliery
  • Tyldesley Colliery
  • Ben Bullen
  • Capertee
  • Torbane
  • Excelsior
  • Weenga
  • Carlos Gap
  • Vulcan - Vulcan Portland Cement Works
  • Brogans Creek
  • Walton's Cutting
  • Haystack
  • Clandulla
  • Charbon
  • Kandos
  • Kandos Cement Works
  • Rylstone
  • Morton Main
  • Lue
  • Havilah
  • Wall's Siding
  • Mount Knowles
  • Mount Frome
  • Wilsonlime
  • Mudgee
  • Munna
  • Warrobil
  • Gulgong - Jct Sandy Hollow To Maryvale Line
  • Puggoon
  • Tallawang
  • Birrawa
  • Craboon - Jct Coolah Branch (Branch To Be Modelled Hopefully)
  • Dunedoo
  • Liamena
  • Towealgra
  • Wongoni
  • Merrygoen - Jct Troy Junction To Merrygoen Line
  • Toogarlan
  • Neilrex
  • Piambra
  • Binnaway - Jct Werris Creek To Binnaway Line
  • Murrawal
  • Deringulla
  • Ulamambri
  • Coonabarabran
  • Yearinan
  • Bugaldie
  • Wittenbra
  • Baradine
  • Kenebri
  • Merebene
  • Gwabegar


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I rather liked the white on black template - but yes, it is just a titch HARSH. This template is also good. Your blog is great. I should go and do some modelling, but I keep being drawn back to the computer to watch what everyone else is doing! Cheers, John